About Me

My photo
I am now 49 am also an Amazon Associate. When I started this blog, I was 37. My wife and I have 4 kids between us. Three kids are grown and on their own. The last one at home is now 17. We still have two dogs; they are Tucker and Timber. We also have 13 chickens.

Saturday, May 1, 2010

Hatchet Continued

Sanding this down has taken a lot of elbow grease, I had to use the Dremel to try to get the charring deep in the wood.
 This was the good side, I sanded it down just to kind of match up the wood.
    I'm at the point where I could continue to work on it to get it perfect or I can be happy with where it is. I would like to get the blade sharp again. I'm also undecided on whether or not I want to leave the handle be or stain it. So I am not quite sure if I am ready to call this done or not.                                      

1 comment:

  1. Great work! Looks way better then what it started out as, I think maybe you should just put sealer on the handle or maybe a light color stain. So are you happy with your project?

    ReplyDelete