About Me

My photo
I am now 49 am also an Amazon Associate. When I started this blog, I was 37. My wife and I have 4 kids between us. Three kids are grown and on their own. The last one at home is now 17. We still have two dogs; they are Tucker and Timber. We also have 13 chickens.

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Whatever to Blog about

Very soon,I will be writing another deer hunting story, but not right now. Instead I kind of want to blog about my life with Crohn's. When I had round one with this disease, I was in my 20's. Young, stressed out with a whole lot going on a that point. I has lost 30-35lbsand looked and felt terrible. I was taking three different meds, that weren't helping. On January 16,2000 I had a bowel resection.
10 years later, I knew something wasn't right with my gut and got checked out. Sure enough, Crohn's has reared its ugly head. I am back on Imuran but that is all right now. I have to get my blood tested every so often to make sure my blood count is good.I also take Iron so I don't become anemic.
  My whole point of this particular blog is to stress diet.I found that 25 or more grams of fiber help me out tremendously. Not to get all detailed, it slows me down a lot. I feel less pain in the colon area, and there have been times where I forgot I had a disease to deal with.This is not a cure or a solution. I still have to make good decision on what I need to eat. I my situation, fiber is the best thing ever.I also need a lot of protein.I'm not sure why I'm not feeling terrible or lost weight. My plan is not too. So, I try to eat better,drink a lot of water and keep a exercise routine, which Jake also likes to participate in. Oh ya,and I always make sure I'm near a bathroom.

5 comments:

  1. It's very encouraging to see how far you've come in this journey. May this be an encouragement to you: Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance. And let endurance have its perfect result, so that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing. James 1:2

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Amy! Very encouraging.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're always here to support you Bri, espeacially in prayer. The Great Physician can heal anything. Our part, however, is to humble ourselves and seek His graciousness.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its only by His graciouness,that I am not as sick as I once was. I fully understand this. I am thankful for the knowledge He has given to keep this at bay.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brian, I am very thankful that you are taking care of yourself, I would hate you to go through that bad time again.

    ReplyDelete