About Me

My photo
I am now 49 am also an Amazon Associate. When I started this blog, I was 37. My wife and I have 4 kids between us. Three kids are grown and on their own. The last one at home is now 17. We still have two dogs; they are Tucker and Timber. We also have 13 chickens.

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

New Horizons

Well ok maybe the title is pushing it a little. When I say "new horizons", I'm talking about putting some old things on the back burner and putting time into things I wish I would do or better yet, should do. My whole problem is, though it sounds good, I have a hard time executing. I think I get it from my Dad.
 So I am working on putting the computer games down and spending time else where!  Don't get me wrong games are like books you can play. They are fine in a lot of ways. Now I have to fill that time with something else.
 I am learning that I like to grill. I grilled brats the other day for my Mom and Rich. I boiled them in beer and water and they came out nice and juicy. I grilled burgers tonight , though they were good, I want to make a great burger. One that makes you go "WOW!"      



 Then of course, with help from a friend, I have renewed my love for music. I have had it in my mind for a long, long time to learn guitar. Seeing how drums aren't practical right now, guitar is the next best thing. I don't need to be a wailing axe man, but just a guy that plays the occasional acoustic song. Kind of like around the camp fire. Really the only thing holding me back is......ME!                  

                                                                             

2 comments:

  1. Such an inspiring post! Good for you, trying these things that you enjoy....what an encouragement!! {sharing a little birdie tip here: when making a burger patty, poke a hole in the middle of the patty with your finger before grilling and the patty won't shrink, perhaps you already do this:) We've had your food and you're a good griller....Don't let you get in the way of being you :) Nice post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey those brats were really great!! I am still thinking about them(: Rich will be doing that the next time he makes them. So I guess you should tune into the food network for some tips on burgers. I think learning guitar would be a good thing to try, you can do it, just have to do the time!!

    ReplyDelete