About Me

My photo
I am now 49 am also an Amazon Associate. When I started this blog, I was 37. My wife and I have 4 kids between us. Three kids are grown and on their own. The last one at home is now 17. We still have two dogs; they are Tucker and Timber. We also have 13 chickens.

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

As I was in the pool....

Laying on a raft and looking up the sky yesterday, I started thinking. I remembered some years ago an great aunt, on our Dad's side, told Joe and I that "we would do great things." Now as far as I'm concerned, my brother has done a great job of filling that statement. He has done great things through his art, church and some other activities. As for myself, I have been searching for what that is. But back to the start....
 I was thinking, what is it that God has for me to be great at? Then it kind of smacked me on the head. Maybe the one thing I am supposed to be great at is right under my nose. Its my home, my life, my family. Its getting this marriage right, its being who I am and enjoying it. Its living with Crohn's and making the most of it,not letting it beat me. All the other interests, are all secondary. So what if I never find that special ability.Then again maybe I already found it and am now starting to understand.
 "There are no extraordinary men...just extraordinary circumstances that ordinary men are forced to deal with".~ Admiral William Fredrick Halsey Jr

3 comments:

  1. Very well said Brian! You are great at being a wonderful Husband, Father and Family man! I love you for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the nice compliment Brian. There are things that you already do "greatly" that the rest of us aren't quite equipped for . Perseverence come to mind....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear son, I am glad that you finally figured this out, time to stop beating yourself in the head trying to figure out your purpose. You are fulfilling it and doing a wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete